Tuesday 17 September 2019

Tex Willer 70!!!



After 3 Years!!! I am blogging again, time passes by very fast. It was like today I was holding my first issue of Tex Willer in my hands.

I still remember the day I started reading Tex Willer, those days 5 Rupees is a costly affair and I was looking at a book with someone holding a gun in his hands, Some kind of attraction which bound me with the person on the book.

It is this cover page which I am referring about:



The story is from the Italian Version Il Sicario, I have spoken about Il Sicario (The Hired Gun) which came in Tamil as Dragon Nagaram meaning the Dragon City!!!

I loved Tex starting from this illustration of Aurelio Galleppini.

I was 7 Years old then when my love to become Tex came deep inside me. After that I grew up reading awesome comics of Phantom, Mandrake, Rip Kirby, Modesty Blaise, JamesBond, Lucky Luke, Archie the Robot, The Spider, Steel Claw, XIII and many more, but no one surpassed Tex.

Out of all the comic heroes  Tex Stands Apart!!!



I am a deep lover of the stories of Modesty Blaise and always imagined me in as Willie Garvin, but once I saw Tex for the first time I decided its Tex Tex and Tex.

My love on Tex led me to Bonelli Editorie in Milan.

I started my onsite opportunity with a eagerness to meet all or at-least some of the following people:

1. William Vance -- Not possible here after as he is no more.
2. Van Hamme - Still searching to meet him.
3. Dargaud Office - Yet to Visit
4. Sergio Bonelli Editore - Had the opportunity to meet them in Milan.

It was the end season of the 70 Years of Tex anniversary year for Bonelli, when I met the office crew at the Bonelli Editore.


with Mauro Boselli!!

with Giorgio Giusfredi!!!






The Bonelli Editore main office room, Tex Willer is created and evolved in time over here.

Finishing my visit in Bonelli Editore with a heavy heart I left the place to visit the exhibition:

stunned to see gigantic Tex welcoming with a gun shot!!!





















It was an awesome experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment